Monday, March 3, 2008

Links 3/3/08

First off, I have to give a big shout out to Mr. Torn-Tendon-But-I'm-Going-OFF-For-52-Anyway, Kobe Bryant. Sick game. Sick game. Dallas needed that win, it would have been signature win for them in the Jason Kidd era. Too bad. KOBE KOBE KOBE. If he seriously doesn't get MVP after the joke of a Steve Nash 2x MVP, the MVP voting has officially become entirely political and a waste of our time... like the Oscars before Scorcese won. Also, I have never seen Kobe so happy as he was in the post-game interview. His smile was infectious.
-Kobe praise. More Kobe praise. Love it.

Also, UCLA beat Arizona. I hate Arizona. HATE Arizona. Always makes me happy to see them lose (especially if its 6 out of 7 baby!). No tourney for them! I definitely left my GMAT class to watch the end of the game (oops hahaha).

-Gen Y: not as selfish as we think? But seriously, all this babying and pampering and banning dodgeball and the like is not good for our kids either. We need adversity and competition and challenges to grow, so insulating our children from any failures does not make well-adjusted young men or women.

-The Onion: ripping on religion. Awesome.

-Marginal Revolution: anti-Rawlsian. Haven't digested this one yet.

-The world's first metaphysical poll on Democratic contenders. Huh?

-True or not, I want this job. I'd even do it for Jerry Bruckheimer.

-List of all deadline deals in the NBA going way back. Awesome.

-I have to admit, I kind of hate Vince Carter too.

-Drinking + writing = genius.

-Americans and ethno-nationalism, a great perspective.

-China's internet firewall will be selectively dismantled for foreigners at the Olympics. Genius.

No comments: