Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Links

-I'm not sure how I feel about this move to cut off access to anything polluting more than conventional oil. It effectively cuts off our largest potential oil reserve and forces moves into cleaner energies, but are those energies ready?

-This makes me like McCain a little bit more. Fight big pharma my boy.

-Do economists take the term rule of law for granted?

-I'm conflicted. It does encourage safe behavior and is money we might have given anyway, but should we pay people to make self-interested decisions? What if it could reduce overall cost of health care by incentivizing health?

-Do parents have the right to choose which defects their children have? In Britain, parents cannot pick faulty genes (of which deafness is an example).

-GDP per head > GDP as an indicator for growth?

-An article explaining the marriage behavior of black women. Really really worth a read. Markets in everything.

No comments: